Happy National Cookie Day!! I love a good vegan cookie, and LOVE baking, especially around the holidays. These cookies are a crowd pleaser, and they only require 4 ingrediants.
1 1/2 Cups vegan butter (Miyoko's & Earth Balance are my favorites)
2 1/4 Cups flour (you may use gluten-free flour)
3/4 Cup cornstarch
3/4 Cup vegan confectioners sugar
(Surprisingly, not all sugar is vegan. America, oftern uses bone char in the refined sugar grinding process.)
Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organics, Trader Joe's Brand, Sprouts Brand, and Sugar in The Raw are great choices.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream vegan butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, stirring until well blended.
- Lightly dust batter with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet. *Note, dough willfeel crumbly, and this is ideal for this type of cooke. Press lightly, with a fork, to create the lines on the cookie.
- Top with sprinkles or your favorite topping
- Lemon & orange zest, lavender buds, and earl grey tea are delicious!
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
This recipe makes 12-14 dozen